What is PowerGUI?
PowerGUI is an extensible graphical administrative console for managing systems based on Windows PowerShell. These include Windows OS (XP, 2003, Vista), Exchange 2007, Operations Manager 2007 and other new systems from Microsoft. The tool allows to use the rich capabilities of Windows PowerShell in a familiar and intuitive GUI console.
PowerShell is built-in feature under Windows Server 2008
Download PowerShell for Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows XP
Active Directory: http://powergui.org/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=46
Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM): http://powergui.org/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=49
Microsoft Exchange: http://powergui.org/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=47
For PowerGUI and QAD cmdlets user manuals and FAQ please visit PowerGUI wiki.
Latest PowerGUI and QAD cmdlets news can be found at our team members’ blogs:
Videos and Flash Demos
- Interactive Walkthrough – Take a guided tour of PowerGUI as we perform some basic tasks in both the user interface and the script editor.
- Introduction to PowerGUI demo – this is the most basic and introductory demo using Exchange 2007 environment to show how PowerGUI can be used to manage mailboxes, produce reports, how the console can be extended, and finally how these extensions are shared with other community members.
- How to Create a PowerPack – this demonstrates how to add nodes, links and actions to PowerGUI and how you can share your nodes, links and actions with the community as a PowerPack.
- Extending PowerGUI – this is an advanced demo on how PowerGUI works and how it can be extended with simple and script nodes/links/actions and how you can use .NET, WMI, and ADSI when PowerShell is not enough.
- Introduction to the Hyper-V PowerPack – Kirk Munro (the Poshoholic) provides an introduction to the Hyper-V PowerPack that he created.
- Managing Operations Manager 2007 with PowerGUI – Rob “Deuce” Doucette is demoing his PowerPack for OpsManager 2007 (also known as MOM).
- Advanced Exchange 2007 Management – mailbox provisioning, certificate management, public folder management – all through PowerGUI UI.
- Automated Software Testing – test your software projects with PowerShell and PowerGUI.
Don’t forget to post your comments 🙂